Residence Permit for Investment Activity
The current legal provisions open the possibility for foreign investors to apply for a residence permit for investment activity, to those who have regular entry into national territory (holders of valid Schengen visas or beneficiaries of visa waivers) by carrying out capital transfers, job creation or purchase of real estate.
Who can apply? Third-country nationals who take on an investment activity, either in person or through a company, which will, as a rule, lead to the implementation of at least one of the following situations on national territory for a minimum period of five years:
(1) transfer of capital in the amount of EUR 1 million or more;
2) Creation of at least 10 jobs;
3) Acquisition of immovable property with a value equal to or greater than 500 thousand euros.
It covers the holders of the share capital of a company established in Portugal or another EU State and with a permanent establishment in Portugal, with a regularised contributory situation.
4) Acquisition of immovable property, the construction of which has been completed for at least 30 years or located in an urban rehabilitation area and carrying out rehabilitation works of the acquired immovable property, in the overall amount equal to or greater than 350 thousand euros .
5) Transfer of capital in the amount equal to or greater than EUR 350,000, which is applied in research activities carried out by public or private scientific research institutions, integrated into the national scientific and technological system.
6) Transfer of capital in the amount equal to or greater than EUR 250,000, which is applied in investment or support to artistic production, recovery or maintenance of national cultural heritage, through services of the central and peripheral direct administration, public institutes, entities that integrate the corporate public sector, public foundations, private foundations with public utility status, intercity entities, entities that integrate the local business sector , municipal associations and public cultural associations, which continue attributions in the area of artistic production, recovery or maintenance of national cultural heritage.
(7) the transfer of capital in the amount of € 350 000 or more for the acquisition of units in investment funds or venture capital funds geared towards the capitalisation of undertakings, which are constituted under Portuguese law, the maturity of which, at the time of the investment, is at least five years and at least 60 % of the value of the investments is realised in commercial companies based in national territory.
8) Transfer of capital in the amount equal to or greater than € 350 000, intended for the formation of a commercial company established in national territory, combined with the creation of five permanent jobs, or for the strengthening of the share capital of a commercial company established in national territory, already constituted, with the creation or maintenance of jobs, with a minimum of five permanent , and for a minimum period of three years.
9) Family Reunification .
• Passport or other valid travel document;
• Proof of entry and legal stay in national territory;
• Proof of health insurance;
• Application for consultation of the Criminal Portuguese by sef;
• Certificate of criminal record of the country of origin or country where you have lived for more than one year;
• Proof of the regularized contributory situation by filing a negative statement of updated debt issued by the Tax and Customs Authority and social security.
This visa allows any investor to move freely and work in Europe (Shengen) without any restrictions.